LOVE WEEK 2018
For this consecration time, God has chosen the week that the world celebrates Valentine’s Day to ask us to focus our love on Him.
Our consecration will include fasting, prayer, Bible reading and of course sharing love with our families.
We will gather nightly at 7:00pm to celebrate love by singing love songs and reading love scriptures.
We will conclude our week with a Love Communion on Friday February 16, 2018 at 7:30pm.
1. During our consecration / fast week we are to abstain from ALL pleasurable activities; i.e. shopping, movies, telephone conversations, marital relations, etc. The time that you normally would be eating and participating in other activities should be spent in prayer, worship, and bible reading.
2. If you must take medication that requires food, please do not stop taking the medication without consulting your physician.
3. During the fast we do not eat or drink from midnight until 4:00 P.M. (these are the hours for this specific consecration fast) If you experience dizziness or extreme nausea you can drink fruit juice or water. Breath mints and gum are acceptable.
4. We are permitted to watch only Christian television programming and one hour of news each day. Also we are permitted to listen to Christian music.
5. We will refrain from social media and all unnecessary communication unless it pertains to your job, school work, or business. However praise reports and uplifting communication is always in order. Feel free to use our “We Are God’s Way” FB page!
6. Get up each day; prepare your body, mind, and spirit for what God has in store. Make yourself presentable to be around. (smile)
7. Daily bible readings and focuses will be emailed and posted on our website.
8. Consecration week will begin at midnight Sunday, February 11th and conclude on Friday, February16th at 4:00 P.M. We will have communion service Friday at 7:30PM.
In order to promote unity we ask that everyone follow the consecration instructions as they have been given. We recognize that fasting may be a new experience to some, therefore we invite you to speak with us privately if you have any questions or concerns.
“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure Their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
(St. Matthew 6: 16 – 18)
Pastors Tim & Denise Carpenter